RE: [IP] Pump called off

THE PUMP IS GREAT I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO MDI. I have very good control now
and life is much better with the pump than without.  There is a learning
curve involved.  If you do not pay attention you can loose control just like
MDI, however once your basil rates are settled out and you get the correct
carb ratio you can get a somewhat normal life back.  I had good numbers with
MDI, however there were wild swings due to the NPH time slide.  I think you
are making a mistake by giving up.  My first couple of weeks were not simple
but as I learned and listened to my body the control came and pumping became
second nature.  10 days ago being on the pump made my shoulder surgery very
easy as my glucose levels stayed rock solid at 110.  Yes there are negatives
with the pump but the benefits far out weigh them. You must be an informed
consumer and that includes getting the best health care team you can, and if
the present one does not listen or is not responsive fire them. IMHO  As
always YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).

Vern Catron
www.jacksonville.net/~vcatron