> We are trying to decide on which pump to get.  A pump trainer recently told
> us that one brand has a problem during airplane flights.  He said all of the
> insulin is delivered during the flight.  That sure sounds dangerous and I was
> wondering if anyone has had such an experience.

This is very unlikely -- even if it were true, the problem would most
likely be related to having a large amount of air in the insulin
cartridge -- something that could happen to ANY pump if the insulin were
not properly de-bubble, in fact only if loaded improperly with a large
amount of air present. Aircraft cabin pressure is usually around 8000
feet There is not a large pressure change between sea level and 8k feet.
It is enough to cause a problem if there are bubbles, but not otherwise.
The only real serious risk would be if there were bubbles and there were
an explosive decompression of the cabin. Highly unlikely -- even if there
were, the aircraft would likely have other major problems that would make
this a minor inconvenience i.e. the roof ripping off the Hawaiaian Air
737 a few years ago -- a couple of people got sucked out of the hole.

Basically -- don't worry about these kinds of stories -- they are akin to
meteors falling on your house or getting struck by lightening.