[IP] Discouraged and sleep deprived...HELP!

Gus(8-dxd 10/98) started on the pump last Monday...success i.e. good numbers
have been spotty.  I assume this is due mostly to the crimped micro
soft-sets...we switched from abdomen to butt Friday evening hoping to hit
fat....  Saturday was just O.K. in terms of  good numbers.  After today-
numbers in the 200s for which we bolused with little or no result- we JUST
changed the site...NO crimping this time.  We're finding we just don't trust
the darn thing!  Checking BGs every 2-3 hours (as needed during this first
2-3 weeks) ...resorting to bolusing with a syringe when numbers are really
out of control.  I knew it would be a difficult two weeks-two months, but we
are really questioning the relative value of the pump.  Words of
encouragement PLEASE!  It must get better than this!