In a message dated 9/24/00 12:52:17 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  The only way I could ever think that this could happen with the D is if
>  Fly high with the little red cap in (that totally makes the cartridge
>  chamber air tight which I have not found one yet that does) and in a non
>  pressurized cabin.  Yet if this happens I can't see how all would go in.
>  I would have to ask what rep/trainer said this and were they talking about
>  the competitors pump?  You would be surprised what all each "side" says
>  about the other.
>  Brian Carter
>  email @ redacted
>  ICQ # 27217438
>  http://www.geocities.com/tizwit
>  http://www.geocities.com/websterswalkers

Since the air pressure at altitude is less than on the ground, if anything
the tendenancy would be for the reservoir plunger to try to be sucked out
rather than pushed in (I'm thinking of my MM508 here).  The mechanical drive
of the pump won't let that happen.  The air pressure in the cabin also
becomes less than that inside your body at altitude.  That's why people
become uh, gaseous during flight.  That would cause a tendancy to try to
"vent" out the canula, if anything.  Neither of these would cause additional
insulin delivery.  The mechanics of the pump firmly hold the plunger in both

I have flown in un-pressurized aircraft to 9,500 ft with my mm508 with no
problem whatsoever.  I have also flown on the airlines with no problem.
Airliner cabins are typically pressurized to the equivalent of 9,500 ft.

Blake Palmer
Private Pilot - single-engine land, glider
T1 30 years, mm508 since 7/10/00