At 10:26 PM 9/23/00 -0700, you wrote:
>At 10:15 PM 09/23/00 email @ redacted wrote:
> >We are trying to decide on which pump to get.  A pump trainer recently told
> >us that one brand has a problem during airplane flights.  He said all of the
> >insulin is delivered during the flight.  That sure sounds dangerous and
> I was
> >wondering if anyone has had such an experience.
>I've never heard this story. We have quite a few members who use either
>the MM or the D that fly regularly. If this was actually happening they'd
>be in deep trouble. In truth, I don't recall anyone reporting any such
>incidents here. I personally have flown a number of times with the MM and
>not had any problems at all.

The only way I could ever think that this could happen with the D is if you
Fly high with the little red cap in (that totally makes the cartridge
chamber air tight which I have not found one yet that does) and in a non
pressurized cabin.  Yet if this happens I can't see how all would go in.

I would have to ask what rep/trainer said this and were they talking about
the competitors pump?  You would be surprised what all each "side" says
about the other.

Brian Carter
email @ redacted
ICQ # 27217438