   As a matter of fact, even before he won any gold medals, Gary Hall was
prominently featured in the latest JDF Countdown magazine which focuses on
teens/ young adults coping with their diabetes.
   He apparently takes up to EIGHT shots per day, which the venerable NY
Times referred to yesterday as his "INSULATION" shots! ROFLMAO!!!! Ellen
(CamelsRFun) posted this at the Islet Foundation message board, which gave us
all a few good chuckles. I figured this could be a solution to the heating
oil pricing issues: just a few quick jabs of "insulation shots" & the cold
weather wouldn't be a problem!
   Ellen later posted that the NY Times on-line version DID correct that
    On the positive side, this helps keep DIABETES in the public's eye & as
we saw with Nicole Johnson winning the Miss America contest, publicity &
awareness is always good ( when it's correct!!)- especially when lots of
major cities ( Phila included) are having their JDF WALK to Cure Diabetes
this weekend.
    Lastly, speaking of Miss America, Nicole Johnson will be the guest
"chatter" at www.diabetesstation.org Monday evening at 9:00 EST & I'll be
moderating, so stop by & say hello.
Regards, Renee ( Melissa's pump mom)