[IP] Re: can insulin go bad

In a message dated 9/22/00 6:09:24 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I use Humalog and my endo told me the insulin is very sensative.  They do
 not even want me to store it in my refrigerator door because it will get
 josseled to much.  I have to change my insulin every 5 days-by the fifth day
 my bg's start rising.  Also I am unfamiliar with the how long you can keep
 this insulin out of the fridge perhaps someone else will know the longevity
 of it, if it is not refrigerated.  Take Care >>
I have kept humalog out for a month at a time with no problems.
The only time it went bad is when i left it in the car last month off and on
over a 4 day period when I'd gone to the middle of KS for a funeral and the
heat was 109.

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.