RE: [IP] broken bones and DM

I broke my hip and clavicle (shoulder) in cycling accident on April 15.  I
had a plate and screws installed on my hip because its the only way to treat
it.  The clavicle was left to mend on its own.

I am told that healing is somewhat slower because of the diabetes. On the
other hand the healing is going very well.  I had an excellent level of
fitness before the accident and am very conscientious with my rehab program.

I expect (weather cooperating) to be back on my bike November 1.

As with all of these types of issues there are several factors that might
effect outcome.

   (_)/ (_)