[IP] Major Medical Products and Devices to Experience Sustained Growth Through 2005 According to Banc of America Securities Equity Analyst

SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 20  The following is being issued by Banc of America
Securities, a member of the National Association of Securities Dealers, CRD
number 26091:

       "Investing in the medical products field in the past couple of years
has been a little like flying major airlines this summer. We've experienced
delays, some euphoria, many cancellations but we also got a few that actually
took off," said Kurt H. Kruger, Medical Supplies and Devices analyst at Banc
of America Securities. "We were pleased to have been associated with two of
the stocks that hit lift off this year: St. Jude Medical and MiniMed"
       (Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990920/BASLOGO )
       Kruger made his comments at the 30th Annual Banc of America Securities
Investment Conference, which runs through September 23 at the Ritz-Carlton
Hotel in San Francisco. The five-day conference features 250 presentations
from companies that are driving the Business Services, Consumer & Retail,
Energy, Entertainment, Media & Telecom, Financial Services, Health Care,
Industrial Growth, Real Estate & Lodging and Technology industries.
       The medical products and devices sector continues to experience high
and sustainable operating margins, Kruger said. Although acquisition action is
not as brisk as it's been, there are some major potential acquisitions on the

Kruger's stock picks in the cardiology group include Medtronic (MDT) and St.
Jude (STJ); in neurology, Cyberonics (CYBX); in orthopedics, Biomet (BMET) and
Regeneration Technology (RTIX). He also rates MiniMed (MNMD) a Strong Buy.