[IP] Re:guilt

Yep, I've heard that little voice that says I should stay under a certain amount
of insulin/day.  It's the same voice that tells me I should weigh 114 like I did
when I graduated from high school 13 years ago.  But I try to simply give that
voice the boot.  I don't find guilt all that useful.

Remember this:  It's the numbers on your blood glucose meter that matter, not the
numbers on your pump.  It's far better to eat 65 units of insulin worth of food
and keep your blood sugar under 150 than to eat the same amount, take 30 units,
and end up with a blood sugar of 500 and feeling like crap.

Tell that little voice to shut the heck up, and do what you know is healthy for

who made an unwise choice tonight and ended up with a 400+ blood sugar because
she was so enthralled with women's olympic gymnastics that she simply ate a candy
bar and a big bowl of grapes without testing or taking insulin.  Ah, well.  Live
and learn. And learn and learn and learn and. . .