Re: [IP] Hebrew help?!

On 19 Sep 2000, at 21:22, db419 wrote:

> Sammi,
> You are not alone. This happens to me too and I thought the same thing you
> did. I will be looking for an answer. Hopefully from someone who is more
> computer savy than I am.

> > is this "just me"?  (Given my strained relationship with this glowing box
> > some days, it wouldn't really surprise me!)
> > Sammi

Well, you could just say "It's Greek to me!"   But actually it is
character set 1255, which I presume Hirsch uses to communicate
in Hebrew.  There would be no problem if you had your computer
"educate itself" and download that character set, very little demand
put on the system for that.  But you are communicating in charset
iso-8859-1,  which is the newer, internationally compliant character
set.   My charset is US-ASCII, which is just a subset of yours and
it doesn't give me a problem.  Hirsch, can you do Hebrew in iso-

You can never be too smart, neither can your computer.