[IP] cause for DM

Pam wrote:
> the day after my
> then 12-year-old son was released from the hospital with his new
> We were in a drug store picking out a medical alert bracelet, and the
> who worked there asked my son what type of bracelet he needed.  He
> diabetes, and the drug store worker put on her meanest and sternest frown,
> shook her finger at him, and scolded, "Too much sugar."

I had a woman who wore a size 52 dress (barely 5' tall), had 10 kids by at
least 7 diff. fathers tell me if I were not such a sinner that I wouldn't
have DM. Makes me wonder what on earth I did so bad at 11.5 to be punished
with this the rest of my life. ;-) Sometimes I think people look at me as a
pile of sugar held together by skin. Hope the BASH booklet will *educate*
a few more.