Re: [IP] guilt

Just because I am a literal minded person (a.k.a. geek), I think that we
should remember that one person's guilt level may be another person's 1/2 of
minimum to survive.  If you are using the amount of insulin as a gauge to
see if you are eating so much you will gain weight, then the guilt is
actually about the calories (which you would share with about half the
American population, if they had to consciously think about it like us lucky
diabetics get to :)

I think it might be better for our collective mental health to guilt about
the calories.  The reason I'm writing this is that I have a mental image of
some poor soul out there having their BG shoot up for some fairly
uncontrollable reason (e.g. prednisone, illness, etc.) and trying to cope
with guilt over the necessary amount of insulin in addition to the asthma or
whatever that caused it to be necessary.  Let alone all the teenagers whose
basal insulin requirements fluctuate with the (unpredictable) growth hormone

This sounds preachier than I meant it to, but I'm not sure how to reword it
better.  Take what's useful and ignore the rest.

Take care,