[IP] guilt

I have tried to keep a limit of about 30 to 35, but I have just recently had
to redo all my basals up .1, so my daily basal insulin is about 26.9 units.,
that leaves me about 9 to eat with.  Lately, I can't do it.  And yes I feel
guilty going anywhere near 40!!  But I guess I have to look at it this way:
I used to be on MDI and taking approximately 75 plus units per day, so I am
doing good, very good, on 30 to 40.  Its just my way of seeing it, as in
YMMV, but I don't like to go over 40.  Only once since pumping have I done
so, and that was on my plane trip to Tahiti, my set kinked and I had no
idea, and it was very turbulent, so I changed sets in Tahiti finally, after
13 hours of rough rides.  But I only had taken about 41 units total, and
that included some food bolus too.
Best of luck, and don't feel guilt, feel proud!  To be pumping that is!
Lori A. Willey
First Express Inc.