Subject: [IP] H and R and Pump or Needle w/ Ketones

Kap and humalog injections

Although this was an emergency and I am sure there were no long acting
insulins available, we have been assured that IF something should go wrong
with the pump, we would immediately have Ultralente added to the Humalog
until we can get the pump going again.  Now I can certainly see that you
needed to use the humalog in order to get the #'s back in line quickly but I
was just thinking if some ultralente had been available he would not have
needed so many shots. My question is, "Does anyone keep a long acting insulin
in the house for emergency use?"
Hope that Kap is doing well now and I am very proud of him and the progress
he is making with self care.