[IP] Up-to-date care? NOT!

I was at a carry-in dinner yesterday and sat across from a lady who has a DM
son (36 y/o) who got it at 9.5.  I asked if he had a pump. The reply? "No.
We taught him how to care for himself. He used to take 2 shots a day, but
now is on one and keeps a very strict diet."  I said he was sure behind the
times. The person I was with agreed with HER that that is the way to do
it!!!!!!!!!  She probably will be at the BASH and I'm hoping this booklet
will be an educational tool for that very kind of thinking. I told her my
goal was to have 1000 years of DM represented so maybe the son will show up,