Re: [IP] First Day-question about the soft-set micro

> The pump-educator
> suggested the longer "Soft-serter" (?)  that has to be inserted by
> hand, explaining that he may be too thin...or too active (soccer,
> ice hockey, tree climbing, wrestling with big brothers-nothing he's
> willing to give up,) for the micro set.

Perhaps you mean the Silohette. It is favored by many parents of
small children as well as small/thin adults -- my daughter uses them
also. With a child or thin person the angle of insertion is just
below the skin maybe 15 - 30 degrees. Deeper than that and you will
penetrate muscle and it will HURT!!. You can numb the insertion site
with a topical anesthetic called EMLA cream. It takes 20 - 30 minutes
to take effect, my kid uses a bag of ice which takes 3 - 5 minutes
tops. Try it on yourself first to get the hang of it.

There is a video clip on the web site:

"Videos showing Tender/Sil/Comfort Set Insertion"