Re: [IP] thin diabetics using a Sof-set Micro

Title: Re: [IP] thin diabetics using a Sof-set Micro
on 9/18/00 7:01 PM, pclark at email @ redacted wrote:

I am considering a pump to gain more stable control. My concern is that I will feel the Sof-set. I am a very thin diabetic who weighs 120 lb. at 5' 8", and has a body fat of 16%, as last tested. I have tried samples of the regular Sof-sets and could feel them. So far, no Micros have been available for me to try. I have seen the MiniMed Silhouette, but am needle phobic and reluctant to try that. Are there many other thin diabetics in this group who are successfully using the Micros? I guess you could say I am taking a poll.

type 1 - 27 years
using Humalog and Ultralente

I am using the Micros with no real problems. Every once and a while I will get spot that's a little painful but that's about it. I'm 5'11", 145 lbs.
Dx - 1972
MM508 - 5/2000