[IP] First Day-question about the soft-set micro

Gus(8, dxd 10/98) started pumping insulin today after being on saline for
four days. He claimed the first site hurt.  The Mini-med micro set (tiny
sub-cu piece) was bent...actually looked like someone had chewed on it.  The
second site was painless, but when we removed the set today to insert a new
one for the insulin, it also appeared bent, although not as distressed as
the first one.  Was the saline getting in...past the crimp/bend in the
plastic...will the insulin get in?  I guess we'll know soon enough!  The
pump-educator suggested the longer "Soft-serter" (?)  that has to be
inserted by hand, explaining that he may be too thin...or too active
(soccer, ice hockey, tree climbing, wrestling with big brothers-nothing he's
willing to give up,) for the micro set.  Tried it at the office:much pain
and too many tears later we agreed we'd stick with the mini.... Thoughts?
Thanks in advance for your help!  Pam