Re: [IP] No consistency--Help!

We're in about the same boat as you.  Trent (age 4.25) has been
pumping insulin over 2 weeks now and we are seeing some crazy
numbers.  Friday was the worst he has been since the week he got out
of the hospital.  At the time, I thought it was a problem with the
sites not lasting long enough, so I changed everything: site, new
insulin bottle, new cartridge.  Saturday I monitored him more closely
and aggressively, similar to the attention I was giving him with MDI
(4-10 shots a day), and the numbers were better but I still ended up
giving him much more insulin than usual.

He could have a cold -- he was sniffling Friday, but it is not clear
that he does.

My latest theory is that I just have the carb ratio wrong, and since
I have a low bolus limit set, it is easy to get behind and have him
go high.  I think I'll start changing sites every 2 days for a while
just to eliminate that as a variable.

I'm sure we'll get it eventually.  Good luck with your efforts.