Re: [IP] Poll--When do you change your infusion set?

On 16 Sep 00, at 22:56, ToddandShelly Tyler wrote:

> 2 questions:
> 1. After how many days?
> 2. At what time of day and why then?

I usually change my set after three days - that means I change the set, then
have two days of "normal activity", then I change the set on the third day.
I usually change the set in mid-morning or mid-afternoon, depending on what
else is going on that day.  I have changed it earlier if needed or later if my
schedule gets strange.  The key is that I have to be awake for at least two
hours after a set change to run a bg check to make sure everything is ok
with the new set.

By the third day the IV-3000 is coming loose, or if I use Polyskin it's
tearing my skin at the edges so I have to change the set or it falls out or
starts hurting around the edges...  the decision to change is driven by
comfort, convenience and supply of insulin in the cartridge.

Rev. Randall Winchester
WD4HVA (email @ redacted)