Re: [IP] Lurline and carbs

RoseLea wrote:

> Lurline wrote:
> >>My carbs are limited to 15 grams per meal.  Three meals per day.
> I am also limited to 900-1200Kcals per day.
> If I have so much as pasta it goes through the roof, even a small amount.<<
> Lurline, I guess I'm a little confused here.  You are limited to 15g of carb
> per meal, yet you eat fruit like a treat?  Do you know how many carbs are in
> fruit?  It's one of the highest carb foods you can eat.  One small apple
> (4oz) has 17grams of carb in it.  One 4oz banana is 12 grams.   1 cup of OJ
> has about 27 grams of carb.  8 oz of plain, nonfat yogurt has 18 grams of
> carb.  I'm wondering if you're thinking of carbs as just being bread and
> pasta.  Carbs are in everything except meat and fat.  We count everything we
> eat, although if I have a small salad, I can usually skip counting it.  But
> for the most part, even vegetables have carbs and if you eat large
> quantities of them, you have to count the carbs for them.  And, while summer
> squash is very low carb, winter squash is very high.  I'm only telling you
> this because when you get on the pump, you'll have to figure for your fruit
> I am really very familiar with the carb values of fruits and vegies.  When I
> have fruit it will be a half portion of an apple or peach, pear etc.  Never
> tinned and always that which is in season.  That is computed into the total
> number of carbs per meal.  My yoghut is 11 carbs per cup and I have 4
> teaspoons per serving.  I don't eat much at one time.  I never eat a full
> serving of anything other than raw vegies.  We had some very good classes in
> exchange and carbs in m. school so I am familiar with the counts and concepts
> but did have some questions about the application.

I still don't understand all this concentration with the eating of cakes, pies,
ice cream etc.  I would think everyone would be attempting to have the most
optimal diet available.  These sorts of foods are just empty calories with no
nutritional benefits.  Fruits, on the other hand are filled with nutritional
products, for the same amount of calories and carbs.