[IP] BASH update

If there are newbies on the list who do not know of my upcoming BASH
(Bawling, Amazement, Sincerity, Humor) in observance of my still being warm
and breathing after 50 years of DM, here's an update: I have completed a
booklet with 31 pages plus pictures about my diagnosis and 16-day
hospitalization due to the coma, plus update on me since then; depression
article; a viewpoint; recipes; hypo-/hyperglycemia awareness; testimonials;
symptoms; and the ever-important *etc.* I hope for this to be a teaching
tool for attendees. I have an autographed pic of Nicole Johnson, Miss
America 1999 who wears the same color/kind of pump as I: MiniMed 507C, Blue.
A 12' display table will be set up with 50 years' DM memorabilia including
glass syringe/steel 26g needle, B-D Automatic Injector, Clinitest set,
Acetone tablets (no ketones back then), kidney function tester, first
disposable syringes, my 2nd pump, and again, etc.  There are 7 add'l pages
in observance of our 40th wedding anniversary (7/24/60).

Since I could not find a guest book meeting *my* requirements, I have made
my own. It has lines for name, address, phone, DM____Type____Yrs____. Nine
people who I *know* are coming, totals 363 years. If the twin of one comes,
add another 65 years. My goal is to have at least 1000 DM years represented.
One vehicle with 2 pumpers from this list will have 90 years in it!! ܰ At
least 5 from this list are coming.

If you find yourself within 10 miles of Notre Dame on Saturday, 11/4/00, let
me know and I'll give you the details.