Re: [IP] Need info on continuous glucose monitor

Todd Beall wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I bugged my endo enough (for the past 6 months) so that I am going to be
> his "trial" person (free!) to test the continuous glucose monitor system
> for 3 days. The center (Joslin Center in Baltimore) is deciding whether
> to get it, and I'll be their guinea pig.
>
> I go on Tuesday afternoon (Sept 19th) to get hooked up. I'd appreciate
> any feedback from those who have been on it re: 1) problems you had with
> it 2) any specific things you did (did you fast for part of the time to
> see how your b.s. varied? did you eat different foods to see how your
> b.s. varied? did you vary your exercise pattern each day?). I'd like to
> get the most out of my 3 days! 3) anything else you think would be worth
> knowing.
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> Todd

You can relax with this one.  It is a piece of cake, so to speak!
It doesn't hurt.  You have to program in your insulin intake, your meals,
your exercise but that is about it.  My doc and the MiniMed rep didn't want
me to change anything about my diet or habitus.  We wanted to see what was
really going on and not skew the results based on my artificial additions or
corrections to my usual routine.
You are going to be amazed.  We really were.
Good luck,
Lurline