[IP] No consistency--Help!

Hi Friends: (Mom to 4.5 year old boy dx 2.5 years.)

We have been at this for almost 2 weeks and to be honest we are not seeing
any consistency with our numbers??  I just went over all the results I have
in my log book and by far the highs outweight the in-target numbers??  WHere
should I be making my adjustments?? What am I missing?  There is almost no
pattern wither which is the frustrating part?? One night he is high and the
next he runs low?  His morning numbers after breakfast have been working the
best since I switched bolus rates to 1/10g.  Now I am seeing afternoons
going high as well. Our bedtime number was always good and now it has been
high for the past 2 days.  We are using the MM 508 and using the micros. We
have been changing sets by 3rd morning for sure.  I plan on changing his set
tomorrow morning.

What I would like to know is where should changed be made first, basal rates
and see, or bolus rates and see?  When he was on injections he was on 1R at
breakfast/8N at lunch and 1H at supper, no bedtime as he has ALWAYS had lows
at night.  He has a slow reation to insulin as well, which is why we hated N
so much.

Anyway, any help or advice would be great!
Thanks, Shelly