[IP] ] Lo carbing and ketones

>  I have been told that 50 grams of carbs is the minimum
>  amount that you can eat in one day, and not have
>  ketones.

i thinkk it must be depend on your weight or something...

However more importantly, I have been told the minimum your brain needs to
function is 150 - below that you will go into starvation ketosis.  your bg
can be perfect, but your body NEEDS a certain amount of carb, and so does
your brain, as it does NOT work on protein or fat, just to work properly.  My
nurse practioner (yes, i thought she was a lower rank than my nasty RN -
shame on me - though to Gerri's credit, i trust her with my life, where as
the CDE and RNs at my docs office get second place...) was in the hospital
getting her shoulder manipilated due to frozen shoulder and her bgs were
GREAT....but she checked her ketones for some reason...BIG BLACK UGLY!!!!
doctor told her she needed to get more carbs so they put her on glucose 5%
drip in her IV...ketones all gone...

who is 45 and feels like crap and is treating with dex tabs but holding out
for clam chowder and curly fries at flanigans......mmmmmmmm i love florida
even if there is a hurrican coming....