[IP] Temp basal rate red.

Thanks for the note.  Yes, his weekends are very
active.  Tomorrow for instance, he has a x-country
meet at 8:00 a.m. (he can't eat too much before a run
or he'll get cramps) then later that day he's going to
spend the night in a submarine with the scouts.  I'll
probably try a temp. basal reduction in the morning
but I still feel like I'm guessing.  50%
reduction?...20% reduction?... is there some kind of
formula I can use?

On page 177 of Pumping Insulin there's a chart
regarding excarbs for a person weighing 100 lbs.
Would a person really want to eat before a run though?
 The chart says 50g for a 100 lbs person with -30%
bolus but a normal basal.  How much do I adjust for a
74 lb. child?  Thanks for any help!

Do You Yahoo!?