[IP] Steel Magnolias...

I'm sorry if anyone was upset over my Steel Magnolias comment.  |
The first few years I was diagnosed, the only other Diabetics I knew of where a older
man with an amputated leg, an old blind lady, a teenager who'd lapsed into several
comas, and Julia Roberts' character in that movie. It didn't exactly make me feel
very hopeful.
I guess part of me has held onto those old ideas--that I just didn't have much of a
chance. Although I've never gone completely wild, I've let my A1C's stay in the 9
range. I didn't even go to a doctor at all for over three years because I didn't have
good insurance and couldn't afford the deductible.
Now I feel like I am making positive strides in taking care of myself, and I feel
like there is hope for a long, healthy life with Diabetes.
AND I WANT A FREE FREESTYLE METER TOOOOO!!!!  GIVE ME ONE,GIVE ME ONE!!!!  all they
offered me when I called was a free video.  GRRRR

Sherry C.
>From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
Whose great-aunt Naomi once told her that sleeping with a goose feather under her
pillow during a new moon would cure her "sugar". Don't try that at home.