[IP] great advice...thanks

I rarely read the digest but took the time this
morning to do so and am very glad I did.  My son
started pumping in late July.  We thought we had his
basals set but when he started school he was always
high mid-morning.  After tweaking here and there for a
couple of weeks, we finally settled on increasing his
basals from 7-10a.m. and also increasing his breakfast
carb:insulin ratio.  I thought I was doing things
wrong because I was under the impression that if you
didn't eat, the pump should still prevent hypos but
we've found that on weekends, my son was going low
around mid-morning if he went without breakfast.  Yet
if we decreased basals, he'd be high mid-morning every
weekday.  I'm glad to see that maybe we're not doing
things as wrong as I thought we were.  Maybe we just
need to set an alternate weekend basal profile.
Unfortunately, our pump doesn't have that capability
yet but we're hoping to trade up to the D-Tron when it
becomes available.

Thanks again for your post.

Do You Yahoo!?