Re: [IP] CARB COUNTING

RoseLea wrote:

> Lurline wrote about Claim Jumper's restaurant:

> called their head office and requested the count on this particular soup.
> To my
> amazement they sent me the full count of everything in the soup as well at
> carb
> count.  They then stated they would be most happy providing me with the
> counts
> for any other entrée they prepare.
> Obviously, if you just speak up you get some needed answers.<<
>
> You're getting the idea now, Lurline.  :o)  I also check websites for some
> chain restaurants and get information about their food.  Only time I had a
> problem was I asked the Manager at Steak and Shake if he had any info on
> carb counts for their thick milkshakes and he didn't even know what I was
> talking about.  I guess he wondered why anyone who would drink one of these
> shakes would be wondering about the nutritional value of them!  *vbg*
> Anyways, I haven't checked to see if they have a website yet to see if I can
> find out info about them.  I just guessed the shake using information
> gleaned from other "fast food" milkshakes (from the Doctor's Pocket Calorie
> Fat and Carbohydrate Counter book, which goes everywhere with me also) and
> came out pretty close.  Now, the fat in that shake was another matter,
> but.... :o)  BTW, I have a 6'3" thin hubby who eats and I gain the weight
> from watching him eat! LOL
>
> RoseLea and Max...

Thanks again,  looks as though I will have to go though the collection of books
and handbooks and see if any detail people left me one of the carb counting
carry around.
The only real problem with a tall husband is finding clothes long enough and a
car with enough window clearance so he can see.
Lurline