[IP] Low-grade fevers -- please check!

Hi --  to those of you who are suffering from recurrent fevers of unknown
origin: Please, please, please check if you have any of the following
symptoms also:

Drenching night sweats,
Unexplained weight loss,
and most importantly:

Do you have lumps in your groin, armpits, or neck?

Many different things could be causing your fevers, and I don't want to
alarm you, but fevers are one of the symptoms of Hodgkin's Disease and
Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  These diseases are essentially cancers of the
immune system, so the symptoms they produce are often flu-like. It is
possible to have NHL without any physical symptoms other than enlarged
lymph nodes, however. That was the case with me.

The likelihood is that your fevers are NOT related to Hodgkin's or NHL, but
I feel a responsibility to at least bring up the topic. Maybe you can at
least eliminate the possiblity. If you want to know more, please contact me
privately (I don't read the IP list regularly anymore), and I'll be glad to
direct you to some more sources of information.

Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma is the second-fastest growing type of cancer in
North America. (Skin cancer is the first.) Many other forms of cancer are
actually seeing a drop in rate of new diagnosis, but this one is on the
rise. A suspected trigger is exposure to herbicides.

Mary Jean Renstrom
email @ redacted
dx IDDM in April 1990
dx NHL in April 2000