Re: [IP] low bg's and creativity

> I have seen references like this in the past about fruit juice,
> "real" coke and other simple carbohydrates being used to treat low
> bg's. If I use them I have to get my bg very high in order to not
> crash again 60 - 90 minutes later. I usually calculate the carbs I
> need to bring me to a normal(?) level and eat about 8 - 10 grams
> less than the total using complex carbs. As a kid it wasn't fun
> drinking a coke and have everyone think I was alright and then crash
> again shortly after.
> Does anyone else have experiences similar to this?

All the time at our house. A deep low may persist for some time. Our
remedy has been to ingest enough glucose to bring bg's to 150, then
test after 20-30 minutes -- repeating until bg's are stable above 100
on two subsequent checks. This usually takes an hour or more to sort
out. If there is known unused insulin, a snack is added to the