[IP] Basal question (long!)

After being up every hour last night I have a question.  My 14 year old son
began pumping over 2 months ago and his sugars were great til he started
school.  Now they'll be in the 200s at lunch and mid-afternoon and will climb
all night.  He will wake up in the upper 100s or low 200s.  He is on 1.5 all
day until 3 a.m.- 8 a.m.  At this time he is on 1.8.  Last night I decided he
should change from 1.5 to 1.6.  He went to bed at 10 p.m. 119.  His sugars
were going down every hour after that.  At 1 a.m. it was 83 and I was worried
so he drank 6 oz. of juice.  At 2:45 a.m. it was 93 so I gave him 2 glucose
tabs.  He woke up 101!  My question is:  1.6 seems too high and 1.5 is too
low.  What do you all think?  He kept his pump going at 1.6 for the daytime
so we'll see how it goes.  I think he should keep it at 1.6 (if all goes well
today)  until 10 p.m. then go to 1.5 til the 3 a.m. 1.8 kicks in. Any