Re: [IP] low bg's and creativity

At 01:44 PM 9/12/2000 -0700, you wrote:

>I don't know if this would work for you but I keep the six packs of tinned
>orange juice, grape juice, or apple juice.  They are very small tins and
>one or two does the trick when regular food or some other choice is not
>Afterall, how often do you have the opportunity to have a nice bit of juice
>without your bg's going bonkers.

I have seen references like this in the past about fruit juice, "real" coke
and other simple carbohydrates being used to treat low bg's. If I use them
I have to get my bg very high in order to not crash again 60 - 90 minutes
later. I usually calculate the carbs I need to bring me to a normal(?)
level and eat about 8 - 10 grams less than the total using complex carbs.
As a kid it wasn't fun drinking a coke and have everyone think I was
alright and then crash again shortly after.

Does anyone else have experiences similar to this?