[IP] Questions from a new pumper

Greetings and salutations,
Wow- it's really great just reading mail from people in the same boat as me!  I just joined the list and was glad to see Buzz joined  too (1996 diabetic lehigh).
I've been on the pump for 3 months now, and am really glad to have made the switch.  I have a lot of questions that I seem to never remember to ask my endo about in my few visits to him.
First some backround information:  I am extremely insulin-sensitive (or was until I started using the pump).  I used to take 30 grams of carb for 1 unit of Humalog.  Now I seem to need more and more insulin for grams of carbs. It's up to 15 grams of carbs for 1 unit now.  Also, I used to be able to drop my bg 100 points with one unit and now it seems I need twice that much.
Here are my questions:
1) Has anyone experienced less sensitivity to humalog since using the pump?
2) I find the long tubing really bothersome.  Is there some disadvantage to shorter tubing that I don't know about?
3) How few carbs a day do "lo-carbers" aim for?  90?  60? Less?
4) Theoretically, with the pump one should be able to eat anything so long as it's compensated for by the appropriate units of H.  Is there anyone on this list that restricts nothing?  For example, if I want to eat sweets (which I often do) I don't restrict them and I'm still able to maintain tight control by using the carb ratio thing.
kindest regards,