[IP] Re: starting pump and carb counting

Call your CDE one more time (preferably two days before your pump start).
When my daughter Jessica started on her pump, the night before she took
approximately 30% less of her NPH and the next morning we took no NPH. Her
appointment at the hospital was not until the afternoon, so we had to do a
supplemental shot of Humalog around 11 am. Don't worry about bothering your
dr or CDE, that is what they are there for and they are probably glad you
call them with questions instead of trying to do things on your own.

Now on to the subject of carb counting, start weighing and measuring your
food NOW. You will be able to get an idea of what a serving of some of your
favorite foods looks like on a plate. Lots of books are available for
restaurants. Carry them with your glucometer at all times. Most of them only
list fast foods though.  Don't worry, before you know it you will be a pro
at carb counting.

Good luck with everything. Keep asking questions. That's what we are all
here for.

Kim Hummel
mother to Jessica, 10, pumping for 3 weeks today and LOVING IT