[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: [IP] low grade fevers

I believe the TAG test you're talking about is an Indium scan.  I worked for 2 years as a nuclear pharmacist where we took a patients blood, separated the white blood cells (infection fighters) and "tagged" them with a radioactive element that could be picked up by the scanner device. The Indium tagged white blood cells are then injected back into the patient. The scan will show where the white cells (and radioactive element) go to in the body which then will show where the infection is.


for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml