RE: [IP] Testing @ school

In the lower grades we had them call us ONLY if his counts were not within
the range we had set, so that we could make the decision on what action we
wanted to take.  His extra supplies are kept in the office. We keep extra
needles, insulin,  meter, strips, glucose, glucagons emergency kit, and
snacks in case I forget to put them in his lunch box. At recess he just
plays like anybody else. The playground ladies and his friends are all aware
of his condition and keep an eye on him. We have never had a problem with
recess in the 5 years he has been going to this school. Lucas has always
been real good about recognizing lows and gets help right away when he is.
We do have two rules though. If his count is low before recess he cannot go
out until he brings it back up or if his count is high he stays in until it
comes down( That's a little tougher).

Pete