Re: [IP] Testing @ school

Yes, it is too much to ask the nurse to call after every blood test.  Just
hang around the office for a while.  She's probably got lines of kids with
asthma, scrapes, fevers, etc.

Supplies should be kept in the nurse's office and maybe a small supply of
juice boxes, or whatever you use to treat a low, in the classroom.  As for
recess, if your son plays hard, you might want to teach the nurse how to do a
temp basal rate.  That's been working very well for my first grader for
recess.  If she doesn't want to do that you can always send a couple of
peanut butter crackers or a chocolate milk box for him to eat just prior to
recess.  That's what I use for gym.   Try to minimize the amount of time he
spends in the nurse' office.

Just remember that in all probability nothing terrible is going to happen in
an hour and a half.  If he left you in good shape, (he probably had food and
a blood test right before school)he'll most likely be ok at school.

Good luck