Re: [IP] CARB COUNTING

Jennifer Sutherland wrote:

> Lilly put out a small booklet called "Nutrition in the fast lane" and it
> covers a lot of the restaurants and chain places.
>
> BETTER YET!!!!!
> Check out "the Doctor's Pocket  Calorie Fat and Carbohydrate Counter"  This
> includes 80 fast food chains and restaurants too.
> www.calorieking.com  compiled by Mr.
> Alan borushek-dietitian.
>
> I carry it just about everywhere, and after a time of your favourite
> restaurants, you'll get used to how the foods affect you.  You're ability to
> 'guesstimate' will get better.
> Pommy Mommy.
> Jenny S.

Don't laugh hysterically but my husband who is 6'4'' and is not overweight loves
to eat at Claim Jumper(a restaurant well known for extra large portions and
great bowls of soup)I have to watch everything that comes near me as it seems
some dishes put Kcals on my body just looking at them.  At CJ they have great
Chicken Tortilla Soup.  I always tastes very rich and dense with carbs.  I
called their head office and requested the count on this particular soup.  To my
amazement they sent me the full count of everything in the soup as well at carb
count.  They then stated they would be most happy providing me with the counts
for any other entrée they prepare.
Obviously, if you just speak up you get some needed answers.
Lurline