Re: [IP] a1c and complications and life in general

In a message dated 9/13/00 10:00:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Subject:
 sara: while I can understand you have the feelings of being deprived from a
 normal life with the curse of diabetes your"pish posh it is only diabetes
 "leads me to ask you, are you trying to convince  this board with it's
 positive attitudes about pump control or yourself, that it is not going to
 rule your life and that it is only DIABETES...." I for one am not as brave
 you and I cherish being able to still use my eyes and be free from the
 shackles of a kidney machine. I will forego the Ben and Jerry's and try to
 learn to live with the "devil"disease as best as I can for love of my family
 and friends that ask me to fight for my life.besides Ben and Jerry's isn't
 that good.......nannaedy @aol.com >>

I didn't take it that sara didn't care about complications or wasn't taking
good care of herself.  With carb counting it is ok to eat whatever you want,
ben and jerry's or whatever, as long as you count it and cover it.
I cherish my eye sight and my kidneys and everything else too but I am
thankful for the freedom to eat what i want when i want that counting carbs
and pumping has given me.

diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000