Re: [IP] Top 10 Reasons to Pump

Lurline wrote:

>>Interesting comment about having to eat.  I am never hungry and eat
but managed to gain 80+ pounds in the last years on these massive units of
Insulin.  Can't be food so it has got to be all that Insulin.<<

Lurline, with shots I was never hungry either, but had to eat to keep from
having lots of lows.  With shots I took 40u of an NPH and R combination per
day, with my pump I use less than 30u of Humalog per day.  I've lost 10 lbs
in the 4 months I've been pumping, mostly because I'm no longer "feeding the
lows" and I'm eating now only when I want to.  No more meals set to a clock.
I have more energy now and have also lowered my cholesterol and bp.  While
pumping is not a "magic bullet", for me it has literally changed my life.  I
wouldn't give it up for anything, I'm with Sara and Bonnie, they'll also
have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

RoseLea and Max...