[IP] Re: Black and White of pumping...

Jim, I don't think that anyone out there thinks it IS black or white. I saw a post where a
person asked if it was even worth the trouble of getting a pump, because all they heard
about here were the problems associated with them.  I think that we then tried to assure
them that it was worth it.  You must agree because you are using one, right?
I've only been on mine for one month, so maybe I am not as qualified to talk about the pros
and cons.  I do know that for me, it is definitely worth it.  My control hasn't gotten a lot
better yet, although I do have very few 300's and 400's.  But to me, it's the flexibility.
I feel like I can do more things and decide things on the spur of the moment.  I don't have
to whip out a syringe at a friend's house, then worry about where to dispose of it. Or worry
about a security guard at the courthouse detaining me for having "drug paraphenalia" which
has happened before.  To me, it's the little things like temporary basals that make my life
so much easier and more enjoyable.

I don't think that any of us here are saying the pump is perfect.  But should we be ashamed
of saying we HAVEN'T had problems?  I think we should all vent and feel free to talk about
them when we do, but I feel like you are mad at those of us who happen to prefer looking at
the bright side of pumping.

Sherry C.
>From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
Installing flame guards as she types.