Re: [IP] Top 10 Reasons to Pump

email @ redacted wrote:

> In a message dated 9/13/00 12:34:39 PM, email @ redacted writes:
>
> <<  I am afraid of all the scar tissue in my
> abdomen from all the years of sticking >>
>
> I had been using my abdomen for injections almost all the time between about
> 1961 and 1998, 2 shots a day for the first 14 or so years, 3-5 for the later
> 14.  I do not seem to have had any absorption problems in the abdomen in my
> almost 2 years of pumping (I have, at least in the past, seemed to have
> absorption problems in my thighs, which I used a lot prior to 1961 -- maybe
> attributable to the old, impure insulins.)
>
> Pumps are wonderful.
>
> Linda Z

Thanks for the reply.  It just seems that the scar tissue would be real and
present.  If one could avoid the areas that have been most intensely used and
let it rest that the tissue then would return to normal.  With fewer invasive
injections being done there should be more areas for ease of use, hopefully.
Lurline