Re: [IP] Top 10 Reasons to Pump

rebennin wrote:

> Hi Lurline--
>
> Hey just thought we would drop you a note again and tell you that Bob has
> been on his pump a year and NO PROBLEMS!!!  In fact he has hardly used more
> that 3-4 sets of batteries during the whole year and he uses the audio bolus
> feature exclusively!  We have had great service from MM whenever we needed
> to ask questions.  If we needed to try some other supplies--they would be
> fed exed here overnight!
>
> Bob is very needle shy (like when it comes to dr. office blood tests in the
> arm) but he says that he really doesn't feel the "harpoon" as he calls it!
> Please don't let the few people on the list that have complaints discourage
> you.  Remember the vocal ones are those that need to vent with problems.
> The satisfied people are not writing since they are satisfied.  We are
> waiting to hear the great results you are going to have once you start!
> Keep hanging in there-Lurline!
>
> Diane &
> Bob
> email @ redacted
> Type I for 44 years
> Began pumping w/MM 507C 8/31/99

Thanks again for the hand holding.  I am still awaiting the pumps arrival.  We
have had some major hang-ups in it arrival after approval.  Seems my doc failed
to leave a scrip for it before he went to Singapore.  So it should be delivered
sometime around the 20th of Sept.  It was supposed to be in on the 6th so we are
a bit behind schedule.  The office gave me theirs to 'play' with so I am trying
to learn how to drive it.  The silly thing goes off at the oddest times and
sounds like a siren.  I wish I could make it a bit louder than the 3 mark.  When
I am out with horses or running sewing machines I noticed it was somewhat
difficult to hear.
Oh well!  We will see how it goes.  I am afraid of all the scar tissue in my
abdomen from all the years of sticking.
When the MiniMed people called yesterday to ask me what color pump I wanted I
nearly fell on the floor.  "What do you mean what color?" I asked.  I didn't
know that they came in colors so I ordered blue.  Then they asked about the
sets...didn't have a clue so they are sending whatever and I can change it later
if I don't like it.  She asked if I can grab a hunk of skin at my abdomen.  A
hunk!  I can grab a handful but it is all tender from the years of shots.
Well thanks again and continued good luck to you husband and to you who are
obviously a most supportive spouse.
Lurline