[IP] Hardness @ old pump site?

Hi, new to this at one week (4.5 year old), and have changed my son's
infusion set a few times over the week.  The site I had changed from
yesterday is still a bit red, and there is a small swollen spot where the
cannula sat in? First time I have seen this.  It seems tender as well.
Infection? Or will it just go down in time? He is not bothered really by it,
I am more.  What can I do?