Re: [IP] Blood when inserting Comfort

At 07:03 AM 09/13/00 Dan Bergan wrote:
 >I have recently been trying out the Comfort infusion sets (I have used
 >Softsets for my 6 years as a pumper).
 >In 2 of the 4 times I have used the Comfort I have had blood when I remove
 >the needle.  I'm sure this will just take some practice, but I don't know if
 >I'm inserting too deep, too shallow, or is there some other reason?

This happens to all of us once in awhile. I don't think it hurts anything
though. How steep of an angle are you inserting them?? Maybe you're going
too deep? A lot of us find that a shallow angle works best. You might also
want to try different places for inserting them. Possibly some spots have
more blood vessels than other places.