On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 email @ redacted wrote:

> My son Andrew has been on the Distronic since Friday and basically is
> sweating his tenders right off the IV 3000 dressing.  Today we had four sight
> changes.  Any suggestions.  We are putting an  IV3000 on top of the tender
> right now to hopefully hold it in.  We live in a humid climate.

Use a skin prep such as
Smith & Nephew IV prep
Smith & Nephew Skin prep
Bard Wipes

you might also try a stick or spray unsented anti-perspirant on the area
where the set will go, after shower, before preparing the site. This will
help keep the skin beneath the 'sticky' from sweating.

In the worse case you can use tincture of benzoine -- gorilla snot for skin
available at most drug stores. Make sure and let any skin prep dry first.