[IP] Virus info

Another thing you can do to protect yourself against many of the viruses
out there is to disable scripting in both Internet Explorer and Windows 9x.

In Windows click on Start, select Settings, select Control Panel, Click
on the Add/Remove Programs icon, scroll thru the list until you see an
entry for Visual Basic Scripting. If it has a check mark, click on it so
the check mark is gone and click OK or Apply.  This will disable Windows
ability to automagically run Visual Basic scripts (Like the I LOVE YOU

In Internet Explorer, select Tools, Internet Options, Security, Restricted
Sites, Custom level.  Scroll down thru the list and disable
Run ActiveX Controls & PlugIns.  In the same list scroll further down
and disable Active Scripting in the Scripting section.

This will help prevent many of these nasty beasts from ever running.
However, still get & use a good virus scanning program.  And make sure
to update the virus signature files fairly often (weekly is suggested).

Let me know if you can not follow what I listed above.

Just another geek,