Re: [IP] Top 10 Reasons to Pump

I've only been pumping for about four months, and by reading this board
you do here more problems than all the positives that I think everyone
here has. usually people any post to get an answer to a problem,and many
problems are repeated as new members come on board.
For myself having little or no lows anymore is a positive(especialy at
night) having the ability of counting carbs and having it actually work
in taking my insulin ,and having great numbers.
if I want to maintain bgs of 90 all day for a week straight I can now do
just that.
The control is really that accurate and easy for me (If I chose to do
that ),and ( I really don't control that tight) but I do maintain about
130 bgs regularly .)
This is control I never could maintain on mddi or with humilin N.
by also having the control of eating 60 carbs and bolusing 4.0 u humalog
and seeing my bgs not going over 150
makes me try harder because I know what I do really makes a
differeince.(I could never predict when the N would kick in.

now I will answer your real question I have the MM 508 ,four month old
maybe five never had a problem.
used a pump 507c for a month prior never had a problem .
never had to call MM other than to order supplies.
maybe I'm lucky but I do believe that all the pumps are good,with a few
lemons.
ps I'm sorry for the slopy typing I'm in a hurry.

Sincerely Gordon Keys